Moms, did you let your kids follow some Pinoy superstitions in dealing with their first week of menstruation?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
VIP Member

I must agree with the opinion above that it's not bad that we follow superstitions long as health is not compromised. But charge it to experience when I followed one, the only one we have in the family when menstrual cycle is concerned, I would say I will not pass it to my daughter. What I did was to jump 3 steps of the staircase as my sister say it would help me limit my period up to 3 days only but naah.. nothing happened. So next time why make a fuss. Haha. Just my experience and opinion though I dunno it works for other people.

Magbasa pa

I'm pretty liberal so I'm not careful about following superstitions. :) My mom on the other hand is very superstitious. It was a bit of a hassle for me, especially not showering at night because i'll get low blood. haha. While I thought they were funny and I didn't want to follow them, superstitions are traditions and are part of our culture so I don't think it's bad to follow them as long as they don't compromise your health . :)

Magbasa pa