Intimate area

Hi mommies. My stomach is quite big and I can't see my vagina to shave. I did shaved it a mnth ago but it grew out and now i'm close to my EDD and i'm not sure if I should shave it completely or let it grow. Any advice on this?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It's really hard to shave with a big belly. You can consider waxing. If not just don't care and let the nurse shave for you. I am sure they have seen all kinds. Maybe you may want to go for shr after giving birth. It is a painful hair removal process and you don't have to worry about shaving anymore. When I was giving birth, the nurses even complimented and say is very clean.

Read more

Perhaps get your spouse to help out😊 It's a team work together. Advisable to shave. Easy for the midwife, nurses and Doctor during the delivery. For hygiene and cleanliness. There might be dirt and germs if not clean/wash properly before delivery and it can pass to the baby(canal birth). For C-section, best to shave. Much easier when stitching.

Read more

The nurse helped me shave in the labour ward right after they burst my water bag... but I was induced that's why still have time ba.. I think they see until no feeling le, no need to be shy! 😅😅

I hv been doing sugaring, its similar to waxing. Perhaps u should gv it a try. Its made of organic ingredients, less painful than waxing, dependin on ur pain threshold tho.

5y ago

Hi.. I get it done at sugar(ed)! They hv a few branches, u can google them for more info.

I haven't stopped shaving since my intimate area has been out of sight. I think I'll definitely get it done close to my edd too. So shy if it doesn't look presentable 😂

5y ago

Hahaha IKR!

Hi, I think it shouldn't bee a concern for delivery. You can always ask the nurse to help you with it

I did not shave, neither did the nurses help me shave. Hence i dont think it affects the delivery.

Super Mum

No worries about shaving, it wouldnt affect delivery.. nurses will help shave before if needed.

Hi you can schedule a waxing appt. Or i use a mirror place it infront of me and just trim.

You may want to try waxing? There are some who are trained to do for preggy moms