Newborn hair

Heard from a friend that her friends’ daughter hair was shaved when she was born, then she didn’t grew hair till 1 year old plus. My boy’s hair now a lot, I didn’t cut till now (2.5 months now) . I am afraid if I shave, his hair might not grow out. Any idea?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally depends on you and partly your family traditions/cultural background. I’m from the USA and we don’t cut until sometimes their 1st or even 2nd birthday plus. My baby is 5 months and we don’t plan to cut his hair soon, he has a full set of hair and lots of growth so we enjoying seeing the transition from his baby hair to his new hair and the color changing!

Read more

it depends on individual...we shaved our girl's hair at 1mo and it took a looooong long time for it to grow...my friend's boy also shaved at 1 mo and boom! hair is long again within a few months

Super Mum

Sure will grow.. Just a matter of time. I have seen babies that never shave and has little hair till 2 years plus. Shave or don't shave won't make a difference I guess

VIP Member

I didnt shave until 4 or 5 months when his hair was getting long. Still looks normal at 1yo. Cannot dont shave though cos the weather is too hot for him lol

TapFluencer

Every babies different My niece did not shave at all but not growing till now, she's 4.5month My boy shave at 1st month and growing

Super Mum

I shave mine at one month and didn't grow evenly. Then shaved again at 4 months. Now at 1 yr, it looks okay :)

Hmm mine grow really fast. Shave at 1st month and grew all back before 3rd mth

TapFluencer

I shave my baby hair when she's 4 month old. Now hair evenly grow out.

Hi, I think the hair growth very much depends from baby to baby

VIP Member

I trim my baby's hair every 3 weeks cos it grows really fast