Maternity leave

My maternity leave is coming to an end soon.. but im not ready to go back to work as I would like to spend more time with my LO. The thought of separating with her after being with her everyday these past 2 months makes me want to cry. May I know how can I extend my maternity leave and how do I go about telling my boss..? Is spending more time with LO a valid reason to tell my boss that I want to extend my maternity leave? And isit silly to go on no pay leave to spend more time with LO? Also, just to check, maternity leave is counted by weeks instead of 4 months right? Thanks in advanced!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used up all my ML and extended with NPL, till my LO reaches 9mo. My reason was look after my baby as she’s too young for ifc. It’s a privilege to be able to do so and I’m very thankful. No reason is too silly as long as you believe in it.

yes it is counted by weeks. so 16 weeks. and yes, it is valid reason. i am planning to apply for npl too. at least till my LO is 6 months. you can do it and it is valid reason :)