Help to deal with MIL

Hi mommies. My LO just turned 1 year old recently and MIL kept insisting that baby can eat the same food as us (cut them up) and even tried to feed baby fried nuggets last night. Luckily we saw and stopped her. She kept wanting to add soy sauce into baby's porridge, etc. She also wants to feed ribena and sweet drinks like 100plus. We told her no as baby does not need so much sodium now and might result in her liking food with heavier taste which is not good for her health in the future. Then, she will turn to baby and say "可怜啦 什么都不可以吃", meaning "aiyo poor thing, everything also cant eat". How can I tell her so that she understands this? To her, she fed her child (my husband) like this when he is young and he grew up well. Of course, she does respect us and stop feeding such food when we said no. But i cant stand the fact that she will tell baby that she is so poor thing and her parents does not let her eat all the "delicious" food?! And also not sure what she will feed her when we are not around ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Make her sign black n white. If anything happen to ur bb. She will be responsible. Feeding a one year old 100plus? She is trying to kill ur bb? U shld stand up for ur own baby n tell her off for real. Otherwise if she still continuing feeding toxic food to ur bb, who else can speak for the voiceless? U r the mother. U call the shots. Btw, if i were u, i wont let her see my bb anymore.

Read more