I don’t want to do this anymore

hi mommies im currently 17 years old and my baby is 15 weeks. I don’t know where to start from but I’ve been feeling so lonely I’ve been feeling so suicidal. I dropped out of school then I found out I’m pregnant. At first I didn’t think much about it, but now reality is really just slapping my face. my partner wasn’t happy about the child and the way he treated me made me feel like shit and the only thing I can do is secretly cry in the toilet so he wouldn’t know. I thought walking away from him and just be friends just co parent would be better for my mental health. But now I really don’t know I feel so alone everyday I just work part time come back home shower and cry myself to sleep. Some days it get so bad I’ll just breakdown during my shift. eventually I thought it’ll get better but I don’t know how to continue from here. My heart hurts, it really does. And I don’t know how to seek help. I don’t have anyone by my side I don’t know who to talk to. Everyday I could only blame myself for being so stupid. I grew up in a broken home & my dad was never present now my child is gonna have a dad who’s never present and I could only blame myself daily. I’m so done with life. All I want to do is smoke a stick of cig and reallt just numb myself. I hate how my life is and everyday I’m just feeling so guilty for the baby. it was so obvious we stayed tgt because of the child not because he loves me. He could only ask for sex and I would say yes all the time because I’m afraid he’ll abandon me and my child. he can’t even remember my birthday. I don’t know how are we gonna take care of a child together #adviceplease #newmom

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, thank you for sharing what you are going through and how you truly feel even though it’s an anonymous post. It surely took courage from you to even type these words out and to say that you are suicidal. Giving you a big hug 🤍 It’s really tough to be pregnant without the support of your partner and the people around you… and terrifying to think of how you will manage being a single mother when your baby is born. But please please please know that your life is not over yet and you haven’t experience all the beautiful things in life, especially with your baby in future. No matter what mistakes or wrong decisions you have made, you are still loved and your life is still worth living. It’s going to be hard but you will get through. The hard times will pass. Trust in your inner strength, you can overcome these challenges and be the mother that your child needs :) You will be so thankful for yourself for holding on in future, please always remember that. I’m worried about your suicidal thoughts. Are you able to share with someone close to you? A friend? It’s the loneliest and scariest to struggle with suicidal thoughts alone. Please talk to someone so that they can share your burden and watch over you during times when your suicidal thoughts and the urge to do something to yourself or your baby are very strong. If there’s no one close that you can talk to, would you try seeking professional help? You can tell your gynae and they will refer you to a psychologist in the hospital. Or you can go to the family service centre nearest to your home and they will refer you for counselling. Sometimes we all need a little support and a sincere listening ear to get through the difficult times in life. As for your partner… as much as you want your child to have a father because of your personal experience of not having a present father, it’s honestly for the better to raise your child alone if he is not loving/not responsible/not willing to be a father. Even if you force him to for the sake of your child having someone to call dad, your child will be hurt having a father like this. Unless he changes and really knows what it means to be a father… otherwise it’s better that your child grows up with just a loving mother. He/she will grow up well even with one present and loving parent than growing up with the hurts of a father that doesn’t love him/her. Think about it and have a talk with your partner to break things off. Furthermore if he doesn’t love you, walk away. Stop giving him sex. You deserve better and you are worth so much more. The fear of abandonment is really painful but it’s even more painful to stay with someone who just use you for sex and doesn’t love or care about you even when you are in such a vulnerable state being pregnant. It’s going to be hard but make the decision for yourself and your baby. There’s so many fears and you will feel lost navigating this period. It’s extremely challenging but take one day at a time, one step at a time. Take care of yourself. Find your support, even if it’s just one person. Leaving you with this social service where you can seek help from: https://asinglelove.sg 🙆🏻‍♀️ Please don’t give up on yourself and your baby. No matter how the baby came from, it’s still a gift from God and you are chosen to be his/her mother.

Read more

Hello! I do agree with Kimberley that you are already so brave to share your feelings and what you are going through at this point of time. If the father of the baby is not going to take any responsibility, seek help with professional and get the law to make him have provide for baby financially. Speak to your local family support team or even your MP in your area. Break free from this toxin relationship. Break free from this toxin relationship. Break free from this toxin relationship. You are the only one that can protect the baby right now, live healthy physically and mentally. By changing your lifestyle! More happy thoughts, quit cig! Eat well and have enough rest. Look on the bright side. You and the baby age gap is not to at far. Y’all going to have close relationship as the baby grow! 🌻 Sunflower is a happy flower, they stand tall and seek for their source to sustenance. Stand tall and look for the light in the darkness. ❤️ Stay strong mummy!

Read more

My dear, you are still very young and I feel for you. 🥲 I do hope you discuss this with your parent, since she seemed to have had similar experiences. If you have the courage to give birth to the baby, you are definitely not alone! there are multiple support groups in singapore, you can search for your baby birth month support group on Facebook or whatsapp. There are also mummys support group where you can ask for help and blessings of items so it will help you financially! Also, please take care of yourself! I also believe that having a physically absent parent is better than having a mentally absent and toxic parent! Love yourself (and maybe your baby) first please~ Don't waste your life for someone who isn't concerned about you!

Read more

Hi Mummy,be brave and strong,u can overcome this.Think positive,don't think about suicide ok.It's normal,for new mummy to have mixed of emotions,as you have just give birth.Your body need time to heal.You'll be better,as days goes by.Eat a healthy meal,take fruits.Take brand essence of chicken or honey,it's a good energy booster.Do ur favourite things,listen to nice songs,eat ur favourite food.Rest when,ur baby is sleeping.Take good care of ur baby.If ur partner is not responsible and does'nt love you,there's no point of being together as this will only,hurt urself. Take ur time,do things, step by step.Seek help, from help line,that our members share here.

Read more

No matter what, you must have the determination to break free from the cycle. You can make a difference for your child, your child doesn’t have to relive the life you had. Let the past stay in the past. Change the future 💪🏻 Your fear of losing a failed partner is weakening you. Stop it and empower yourself. Stand up for your baby. Also, seek help from https://www.babes.org.sg It’s not going to be an easy path but once you start driving life towards another direction, maybe one step at a time, maybe go as slowly as you need to heal, you will be at a better place. All the very best to you and your family!

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi, dear, it's not easy to share all of your stories like what you did. Hug from here… you are so young and I feel what you feel. Are u live alone? I'm so sorry if I asking a question about ur mom. Maybe you can discuss what did you and what u feel about it with your mom. I don't know if you want to leave your man or not but it was a toxic relationship. Take care of yourself first and don't blame yourself again. You are so amazing, so young, and now a blessing as a pregnant woman. Love yourself dear, you are a strong woman as I know from your story🔥🫶

Read more

hi dear do u have facebook lets talk, dear your baby is a gift from God and you are treasured not by that useless partner but by God Himself. U may feel alone but pray. You will have strength to go through this and wisdom. Many have been through worst.. and i wish i could give u a hug for what you’re going through, i cant imagine how tough it is. Someday youll look back and thank yourself for not giving up🙏🏻💖 do reach out ya! lots of love hugs and prayers🙏🏻

Read more

Stay strong! if it's too much to handle.. Remember to give yourself some time..talk to someone, or maybe some "me time" for yourself. Take a small break, go have a walk, grab a coffee, or do something you enjoy just before going back home. Dont act on implusive thoughts. You still have a long way to go..😄 maybe it's a challenge at this point in time, but once you can handle and get over with it. you will be someone stronger.

Read more

Hello, thank you for sharing. You are already so brave to share your feelings and I can see how responsible you want to be towards your baby and yourself by seeking help through this channel. You deserve your peace and to be loved. Baby will be fine as long as you are fine. Do continue to be brave and talk to a mental health professional. Be gentle with yourself. You are doing the best you can at this point. Hugs

Read more

Please please know that things will get better. You must must be strong and carry on. Even without the father of the baby, just hold on to the thought that in future when you look back on today, you will be so proud that you made it. Never never give up!! 💪🏼 Your baby will be grateful to you