Pregnancy during covid

Hello mommies! How’s everyone coping with being pregnant during covid? it’s my first pregnancy so i’ve been very paranoid even tho i’m vaccinated. I wfh so i stay home a lot. I’m reluctant to go out or socialize as it makes me nervous, esp with the number of cases out there and i don’t think that has been very good for my mental health! How’s everyone else doing. Shall we chat :)

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mummy! I’m currently 37 wks pregnant and I’m finally fully vaccinated on 15 Oct. I’m also feeling nervous whenever there are too many people around in a small space cus of covid.. I have been limiting myself from going out to ever since I’m pregnant. Even though I’m fully vaccinated but I rather do my shopping including groceries online than going out and I have also been ordering food from grab food/ Deliveroo rather than dining out. Been missing out a lot from friends gathering due to the covid-19 situation and restrictions but I guess this will be the new norm going forward. 🥺 Will be looking for a job next year after confinement period end. Not sure how we are going to cope with work and connecting with colleagues going forward when majority of the companies are moving to hybrid/ WFH concept. 😥

Read more

I might choose to be more guai in third trimester. For now, I’ve been going out quite a bit to catch up with friends and spend time with hubs over staycay. Fully vaxxed and make sure we bring alcohol spray bottle EVERYWHERE. Haha. Go food court we will pick off peak or early lunch/dinner timings for less crowd. We spray down the table, chairs, and ourselves when we enter and leave. When we reach home or before sitting our car, we definitely will spray. Once home, we bathe. We have our own car mainly to limit covid exposure on public transport. So basically just do the responsible thing hygiene wise, wear masks at all times. Exercise is still important for pregnancy so I tell myself it’s not good to stay home too much, altho I’m a homebody.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi mummy, I'm into my 35th week and expecting a baby girl in late Dec! I've been fully vaccinated about a month before pregnancy yet the COVID situation has been such a seesaw that it does make me anxious to hang out at crowded places/restaurants. So i make sure that if the place I'm at is crowded, i don't take down my mask at all to snack/drink and I'll only take it down once my food/beverage is ready and put it back on when I'm done even if the rest aren't. I don't want to limit myself because i know it's not healthy to lock myself up at home; i need to be active at the very least and get some sun and stretch my legs as well. I'm also waiting to give birth first before taking the booster shot! All the best to mummies ❤️

Read more

27 weeks here and vaccinated. I’m working in a preschool and there were positive cases too and I was exposed to them. Also, when I was in my 19-20th week and were supposed to get the detailed scan for my baby & to find out about the gender, my husband got C+. He did home recovery & we were separated in different rooms for about 8 days. He managed to recover and we went for the scan on my 21st week. Luckily, maybe my immune system is strong(?), so far I’m tested negative all the way until now. Thank God! I think it’s important to practice good hygiene and spray disinfectant whenever/ wherever hahaha. Also, wear your masks when you’re out! Only take it off when needed.

Read more

pregnant with 1years old and turning 2 when I give birth to no 2 we go out everyday for walk, grocery shopping, and dine out on Friday night and weekend live as per normal, did not self quarantine as it will drive me crazy if stay home 24/7 train my boy practice good personal hygiene and wearing mask, send him to school 2 weeks before my csec we need to live with Covid and train our little one how to make friend with them too

Read more

I'm fully vaccinated but barely go out too. I dine in maybe like once in a few weeks and only in uncrowded places like atas restaurants. Since the restrictions have been loosened recently, people have been asking to meet up so I'm thinking of taking booster shot before meeting people. The covid anxiety is real.

Read more

I’m the same as you, wfh and full vax but paranoid about going out because I’m in my last tri. In second tri I did feel very isolated and was feeling down for a few days. My next worry is when with newborn, am I gonna carry on staying home and for how long?

i have a bunny at home. currently pregnant. so i don go out unless i need to get something or go steal food from my mum house.. i have a bunny to take care of and to annoy.. but yes do feel paranoid