Pregnant Frontline worker

hi everyone 👋 I'm new on here!!! just found out I am pregnant back in Oct (after trying for 6yrs) so it's been a surprise. I am currently a frontline worker (working in ICUs (covid Vs non-covid) on 12h shift duty, and I've been really really tired.. there is no WFH option in my career so idk what to do.. any pregnant frontline workers? I feel so alone.#1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls #pregnancy

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you! My work has no WFH option too as I’m a preschool teacher. I also had difficulty getting pregnant and got pregnant through IUI procedure. I took 2 months no pay leave to stabilize the pregnancy. My leave is ending is 2 weeks and I don’t know how to feel knowing cases are so high at 3-5k per day and my school has cases here and there too! Luckily my husband was supportive and told me I have the option to quit if I want to as this baby is important to both of us. But I’ll be going back to work and monitor how the situation goes :( best to speak to your boss so he/she understands your situation and can make necessary arrangements.

Read more

Hi!!! Congratulations!!! Im having my 1st too after 8 yrs trying and im a frontliner too. Working 12 hrs shift morning and night. Beginning it was tough. But im on my week 18 now and im still doing shift. Pretty good so far. Depends on ur body actually.. Maybe u may wan to try opt for office hrs instead? Have more rest before work and after work especially! It helps! Congrats again! ❤️

Read more

congrats mummy. maybe u might want to request to your superior to get light jobs instead during this period? or transfer to another dept tentatively? i have family members who are nurse but they still continue working as usual. (not at ICU / COVID dept though) wish you well 😍

are u able to shift or take up another role? 12 hr shift duty is quite stressful on normal body what more u are preggy. all the best!

for situations such as yours, possible to inform your supervisor first for redesignation of your role?