Mother in law

MIL Wants to control everything, expect all housework to be done, expects me to be downstairs at 5 am and wait on her, vacuum and mop after she’s done and wants to control everything once my baby is born. This is my first child and I’m in my third trimester. Anyone has Any advises or stories to share? Feeling very, very angry every single day. Maybe I’m hormonal, I’m not sure. But I haven’t been able to enjoy my pregnancy lately. And I feel guilty because I’m happy, but I haven’t been feeling so good lately.

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

She is being difficult. Move out. Before you married into the family you don't know your mil well? My in law also difficult. I talk to my husband and he sees as well and we decided to move out. Doesn't your place has a helper to do? After you give birth more problem..

Your MIL is Unreasonable. Talk to your husband. Pregnant woman should be getting lots of rest, not stressing yourself. IF all is not possible, shift out to get a peace of mind once and for good - That is, live alone with your husband and baby.

VIP Member

Speak up, talk to hubby, if all else fails, go back your parents’ house. Where got people wakes up at 5am to wait on mil one? Crazy 😜 I find it hard to believe that such behaviors still exist in today’s society.

Scream at her. Otherwise how u gonna protect ur child if u cant defend urself. Have some backbone sis. If u allow ppl to disrespect u till this extend u deserve it. And ur child wouldnt have ur protection in future

That's ridiculous and very unreasonable for a MIL. It should be the opposite. During pregnancy mine does all the housework for me when I'm visiting them. Like cooking and washing all the dishes after I'm done eating.

Older generation has a totally different mindset. It’s best to avoid. Also, if you belong to the group where your MIL is actually nice, you’re lucky. Most MIL hates the DIL for some reason. Lol

Move out as she’s unreasonable. It’s your child so you should be the one making the decision about how to bring it up. If she wants to have a say, ask her to give birth to her own.

i feel u for the control everything abt the baby when is born. haha mine too. tired of life alr . i rarely spend time w my lo just becoz they kept taking her away frm me

VIP Member

I think you should speak up for yourself and talk this out with your mil. 5am is ridiculous since you're heavily pregnant now and you need to rest more. Take care!

Move out. Asking a heavily pregnant women to complete all housework and be awake at 5am is ridiculous. You need ample amount of rest now.