My mil is Super Super annoying. She is very Ott. I just had a baby and she still expect me to fill up her tea cup all night Long and also serve her all night. If the tea cup is 3/4 full like this picture she will be black face all night and next time she speak to my Husband she will complain. Anyone else mil like this? How to make her understand that I am not her maid.

Post image
31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i almost cld not believe wat i was reading.. i feel u. cant imagine in this day n age, wives r still expected to 'serve' in-laws. i m ok with treating in-laws with love and respect but never never in a subservient way. we women/dil also have dignity. it sounds like ur mil has a certain expectation of u. have you been submissive towards her for a long time? this could have caused her to assume that she can lord it over u such that u cant call ur soul ur own. firstly, u hav to set the expectations right. b very firm. the next time she expects u to pour tea again, make a show of filing the teapot full with tea or placing it beside her n saying :"nah mum, I've filled up the teapot beside u, u can fill ur teacup anytime u want" and then leave the scene n do not appear for some time. let ur actions b respectful but at the same time show ur expectations. if ur mil complains to ur husband, i agree that ur husband has to b the one telling ur mil. if u were to tell her directly, she may hate u. but if it is her precious son, she may reflect on her actions. i know cos i hav a brother and my mom can b like that.. i hope ur husband is supportive. i hope he does not expect his wife to 'serve' him n his family. i love to do things for my husband but it is strictly a 'whenever i want to or feel like it' kind of thing, it cannot b a 'u r expected to do it' kind of thing. wat i mean is- tell ur husband "i dont mind pouring tea for mil but it cannot b an expectation. mil cannot b angry if i dont do it. i am not a slave, neither am i a paid domestic worker. u married me for love, not to gain an extra helper. i m half a daughter to ur mum but wat ur mum expects of me now is not wat a mum would expect her daughter to do'

Read more