Mil requested to stay with us. She love our baby very much and she love his son also. She said she can help us taking care baby. Help us doing some house chores and cook meal for us. I really appreciated but I found that my role has been taken as she love both of them too much. My husband will take her mom as first place too as she really love him so much since young. Should I reject?? As I foresee it may have family issue in future. How should i reject? what should i do so that won't be the bad person to make the decision and won't spoilt the relation between my hubby and mil?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think this feeling is unanimous. I have experienced this feeling when we are at my in-laws place or they are around, and I have seen this emotion spilling out of my in-laws when my husband and I are together on our own. They weave thoughts and think unimportant things. They think that I have taken over their son, and they are not anymore important to him. And which I think is not true in either case. This I can make out when I am not in his parents place, and I see how much he cares for them. Same goes with me. Even if his parents are around or not he cares for me as well. I guess, it is truly hard for the poor son/husband to meet the expectations at both ends. Everyone has his/her importance in a person's life. The way I can't take my mother-in-laws place in his heart, similarly, my MIL too cannot take my place in his heart. Insecurity, love, hate, jealousy etc... are all emotions, which if go in excess can mess up our lives. I suggest, amidst all your work and chores, take out time each week to spend quality time with your husband. You can even share the thought that is troubling you, and few words from him will comfort you and settle down your insecurity. She is his mother. Do not enter that domain. She is not your competition. Get involved with your husband in showing love and appreciation to your MIL, and you will see how things will work your way.

Read more