pads

is maternity pads neccesary? if use normal overnight pads - can let me know how long is the pad you used?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Post pregnancy bleeding or lochia is heavy flow that occurs after delivery. Unlike regular sanitary pads, maternity pads are made from super-absorbent organic cotton. They’re thick, soft, and fluffy and are perfect for those first few weeks after delivery or for women experiencing excessive flow. You can refer this article on best maternity pads for reference. https://www.bestmom.in/best-maternity-pads-for-new-moms/

Read more

Pureen maternity pads from Giant online or Tom & Stephanie. They are with those sticker backs like normal pads. It's cheaper than sanitary pads, so easier to throw out many times a day with all the bleeding that happened to me. I exhausted 2 whole large packs of during my confinement.

I use the kotex 360 panties to play safe. very comfortable. When the blood flow is lesser then use normal pad. However I feel maternal pad more comfortable cause softer and thicker.

VIP Member

I brought one packet of maternal pads, I realised it’s thicker. I like the one from puréen , was cheap too. Then after I finish it, I swap to those night Kotex. Work well too.

I bought Mothercare maternity pads. These really helps ans really thicker, able to absorb heavy flow better. Work well. Good slp.

Super Mum

I got the kotex panties type, a bit more expensive but super helpful and convenient. After a few days can switch to normal pad

VIP Member

I find the overnight pads better than maternity pads as they come with wings. Must get those at least 28cm ones.

My fren told me normal overnight pad is good enuff. But I guess is depend the discharge volume individuals...

I used sofy 42cm. I find that maternity pads are too thick and uncomfortable, plus they are non-wing.

VIP Member

Used my usual brand of pads for heavy flow (Laurier), no need to specially get maternity pads IMO.