breastmilk

So many people support the idea of giving babies breastmilk as long as possible. As mummies, we also know how tiring it is to pump/let our baby latch and how time consuming it is etc. Can i know how many months were your baby when you made the switch to full formula milk? Or how long are you planning to continue with giving breastmilk?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For my first child, I latched and pumped till 10 months. Had frozen milk that lasted till 1 year. But towards that time I had also gradually introduced formula. I really struggled initially with lack of supply, and pumping at work was hard. For my second child, I’m mostly breastfeeding but occasionally topping up with formula so she won’t be screaming in hunger during growth spurts. Plan to wean off breastfeeding completely after 1 year if possible. At the end of the day, don’t drive yourself or your baby nuts. Breastmilk is excellent and breastfeeding is wonderful, but your emotional and physical wellbeing is also important. Your LO will still do well even if formula fed. So enjoy your breastfeeding journey and stop when you want to:)

Read more