breastmilk

So many people support the idea of giving babies breastmilk as long as possible. As mummies, we also know how tiring it is to pump/let our baby latch and how time consuming it is etc. Can i know how many months were your baby when you made the switch to full formula milk? Or how long are you planning to continue with giving breastmilk?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

As my Lo doesn’t latch, I mix fed her. So I only pump.

3.5mths... due to extremely low supply :'(

TapFluencer

Do your very best. Dont compare

Super Mum

2 mths. Low supply and tired.

I switched at 1.5 years

Super Mum

I don't think there's a right answer here, everyone has a different situation and as long as baby is healthy it's OK. Personally for me breastfeeding is better since it's faster to latch than to prepare bottle, plus I know my baby prefers latching and it gives her comfort. I don't feel any pressure to breastfeed, I do it simply because I can and I want to.

Read more
Super Mum

I gave my baby formula milk since born as my supply was super low. I did tried to latch her for around 1 week so as to boost my supply. However, I had rashes during confinement so I cannot even latch my baby. When I pump, I had nothing coming out... The only choice was to give formula milk. Don't stress yourself over giving formula milk or breast milk.. If you have the supply and the energy, just breastfeed... If not, formula... Baby will still be healthy...

Read more
VIP Member

I pump fully and my goal is at least 6 months, currently 4+ months. Pumping is so tiring too. But like what people always say, just make sure you are happy! :)

5y ago

I don’t have flaky skin but nipples were sore in the first month. Maybe u can reduce your pump pressure?