Any advice on pre natal insurance?

Am looking insurance for my pregnant wife. Checked around a little. The covers seems to be for very specific and few things and the cover also very little? Paying $399 for $5000 max pay out. Are all insurance plans like this?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

mainly pre natal insurance are either a standalone which covers the maternity portion of 5k-25k (depends on which company you choose) or it comes tgt with a life plan. which ensure your child to be covered immediately after birth without medical underwriting (once again, depending on which company you choose) if you have the luxury of time, it's best you explore diff company to see which suits your wife better.

Read more

You might want to check with agents from different companies and see which one you’re more comfortable with / prefer. I bought my maternity insurance from great eastern.

It’s really a peace of mind to get it. It’s a term plan usually last for 2-3yrs. There are some advantages to it as some insurers have GIO for basic shield plans.

most start with minimum 5k sum insured and max 10k. It's not alot of coverage for a one time payment policy but more of a just-in-case. Not really a must to get it

prudential

1mo ago

Please DO NOT anyhow advise other parents if you have never bought maternity insurance before. Don’t comment just for the sake of earning points yah.

Post reply image