Pregnancy insurance / baby insurance

Hi mummies, need some help here! Looking for a suitable pregnancy insurance and baby insurance to cover the baby for life, critical illness, hospitalisation and accident. Any recommendations? What do you all buy?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Usually, you should be using your insurance to cover for your hospitalisation and accident when you’re pregnant. As for pregnancy insurance, you can either opt for standalone (GE) or bundled (either with Term or ILP, that’s AIA or Prudential). Usually you will only buy H&A insurance for the baby, after he/she is born. Hope this helps! :)

Read more
6mo ago

GE. I just buy the basic one. at least got covered. this is my 2nd pregnancy.

I bought from HSBC a bundled maternity plan consisting of maternity insurance and a whole life plan (covering life, TPD, CI, and early CI) that will be transferred to the baby after delivering. The bundled plan comes with guaranteed insurability of the baby for hospitalization, which I will purchase for the baby after delivering.

Read more
6mo ago

Ohh I see, thank you! :)

I did not manage to get any pregnancy insurance due to my medical history. But after my 1st child born, we get him life insurance, hospitalisation and accident plan from AIA.

6mo ago

I see, is there a particular reason for choosing AIA over the other insurers? :)

I got GE’s maternity plan but the underwriter is quite strict, probably should have gone with aia

i just decided aia mum to baby plan. you may check it out.

6mo ago

Yup! Thank you! Any reason you went ahead with AIA Mum2baby? Heard it’s costlier than other insurers!

Get a financial planner to plan for you!