Looking to buy baby insurance. Any recommendations?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's very impt to have ins ready for baby. Thank god my hubby is with Manulife, therefore our kids are well covered. That time when my older kid was hospitalized for high fever when he's almost 1 year old, we are able to let him stay at A ward without any disturbance. He had to stay for 5 days, luckily the bills are all covered including the post check up after discharge. You can PM me if u need any info ;)

Read more

Insurance is quite a personal thing I would say. The most popular one that my friends usually suggest buying are the endowment policies. Mostly to prepare for their education, and also life insurance. Here is one useful article on the different types of insurance you can consider for your child: http://sg.theasianparent.com/types-of-insurance-for-children/

Read more

Most common/basic insurance would be medical insurance. You may check with different insurance companies or maybe with your own current insurance agent regarding what insurance should you get for your baby.

Mine is AXA... actually all insurance company are quite similar.. I personally feel that the agent is more important. If he is not caring and just purely want to do sales then better not engage him.

VIP Member

No companies in particular. But i feel that the following is very important. - Hosp insurance with rider(get the plan which covers everything including private hosp) - Accident Plans

Read more

Medical hospital insurance and accident plan is a must for them. I got for my lo when she was 1 wk old

I got education plan for the kids as well as hospitalization insurance and Gen3 product from AIA

We got AIA for both our kids. Savings, hospitalization, accident and education plans :)

If you want I can intro my friend to you.. He is under Great Eastern..

Mine is under AIA. Let me know if you want the contact