Lo is coming 5months. Still need to be rocked to sleep. Should i start sleep training ? or he will slowly outgrow it ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

we shouldn't be depriving our kids of their sleep just like how we wouldn't deprive them of food. disrupted sleep at night because they need you to help them fall back to sleep is unhealthy and not beneficial to their development. sleeping is a skill that our babies should learn. it's the most difficult skill but once they learnt it, it's for life. he will only sleep on his own when he turns 2-3 years old.

Read more

I believe setting a routine Is the key. For both my children , by the 3rd month, they fall asleep without the need to be rocked or pat. They sleep through the night too. The bedtime routine is the same every night. Once the routine is established , they associate the routine with night sleeping and so they will doze off by themselves and sleep through the night.

Read more

yes slowly you can train. i pat my son to sleep till he is 7th mths old. me and my hubby decided that we should leave him inside his cot and dim the lights and leave the room. we peeped in and check him from the door every 5mins. slowly he will sleep on his own without me patting him to sleep. all babies are different. so need to trial and error.

Read more

Well, it really depends on individuals. For me, i rocked my child to sleep until they tell me to stop. I believed that they will outgrown it by themselves. Rocking him to sleep is s form of bonding between your child and you. There is no need to break the bond so fast.

Read more
VIP Member

Baby need to sleep to grow up, as long as they sleep, what method u use is ok. As some need to rock till 2 years old plus. It's not good to mess up the sleeping routine and they start not to sleep instead, that is worst.

it just s phase.. they will change.. if they need to rock or pat to sleep just do it as long as they sleep.. cos they sleep is better then they dun .

My son actually outgrew it, sleeping patterns do change constantly. But now he wants to be rocked to sleep again, i guess its just a phase.