My LO is 2 weeks and 2 days old. At some time of the day he would be very hungry and drink more milk than he usually drink. And he may stop for like 5 to 10mins and then asking for milk again. I have not enough breastmilk so I let him drink formula milk to ease his hunger and after all the milk he drink, he vomitted.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How much is ur child drinking from bottle ? It's best to latch on demand to build ur supply up. Sometimes they just may not be hungry but just wana suckle for comfort. As its easier to take milk from bottle he may take more than needed. This maybethe reason y he he came vomited.Is he properly burped after feeding as he may take it air after bottle feeding. Spitting milk is normal but vomiting is projectile n much more . Try to keep him upright for at least 20 mins after each feed n monitor if he continues to vomit after each feed.

Read more

Hi this is normal in the beginning because they may be experiencing a growth spurt. At what time does your baby do that? Mine used to have buffet in evening around 8pm. It is really like bottle after bottle if not she will cry like mad! I read that this is called cluster feeding and the baby is preparing for their long sleep at night so it usually happens in the evening. Soon the schedule will be more fixed -and it is ok to top up with formula. It is better than letting baby go hungry.

Read more

Mommy, I wouldn't supplement but continue to latch. The more you latch the better it would be. The frequency for newborn are like that. Most importantly is during the check up if baby is growingdone means you are doing okay and all is well.

That's normal. Many moms experience this and start worry and and up giving formula to supplement. But it's really normal for baby to bepractically latched on nearly the entire day.