Do you let your baby girls play toy cars?

88 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will share my answer on this as a preschool teacher. Yes, there is nothing wrong when girls are allowed to play with cars just like how boys also like to play with dolls. In the modern days now, we break “gender stereotyping.” There will be confusion with the child when you tell them, “You are a girl, you should not play with cars. Cars are for boys.” Then how come Barbie has a pink car now and how would we explain to them that women can own and drive a car as well. Another example is, “Boys cannot play dolls because dolls are for girls.” The explanation here is children play without rules. They play using their imagination. What if the boy who is playing with dolls is because he wants to show that he cares? That one day he will become a big brother, a father, or even a doctor who cares for people. Same with the girl who plays with cars. She won’t change into a boy just because she is playing cars. What if she likes cars because she is learning the concept of “push and pull?” or she likes to see how the wheels turn around? So there is nothing wrong with it. Let the child play because in play, they learn.

Read more

Yes. At young age, hindi naman dapat ma associate na pang lalake yung nilalaro nya em same with boys playing dolls. Hindi naman ibig sabihin na kapag nag laro ng toy car ang daughter mo is tomboy na sya pag laki. My husband played dolls with his cousins when they were young kase puro babae lahat ang pinsan nya. Never naman nya naramdaman na mas leaning sya sa girly stuff or may feeling sya na he's gay or something.

Read more
VIP Member

Why not. At home my daughter plays girl toys. When she go to her grandparent house. Mostly the toys are for. Is good for your daughter to play mixture. No harm. Can give you example. W My mom use to tell me that my 2nd brother used to play with my kitchen toys. And my brother will dressed the barbie toys up. Its simply amazing babe.

Read more

definitely yes. my girls play with dolls, cars, kitchen things, engineering build-up things, play racing games, barbie games - everything with equal enthusiasm. i think it is always best to not put such gender-based restrictions on children and instead let them see what interests them.

Read more

yes of course why not? don't girls drive cars? and is it not something very normal? my younger girl loves playing with cars as much as she loves her dolls. any child can play with any toy i feel as long as it is not a safety threat.

My 1yo gal play with any toys belonging to my 3yo boy. Nothing wrong. My 3yo always wanted to buy a doll but I told him, first learn to cope with your bb sister.

Walang kaso sa akin yan. Wag lang baril barilan, it's not because na ayaw kong ma-tomboy ang anak ko kundi ayokong maging bayolente sya.

Totally! If fact, while buying toys for kids there shouldn't be a discrimination. Let the kids play what They like!

But please dont buy them guns and knives because that has an impact as well in the live

VIP Member

Is there an issue? There are women F1 driver. The motor show, the Grand Tour has a female Stig now.