Washing hair

Let's be truthful here.. How often do u wash ur hair during confinement? Anyone really managed to go one mth without washing their hair?

83 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I washed my hair everyday using normal shampoo but rinse with hot herbal water. In the olden days, they didn't have water heater and hairdryer, so the older generation said don't wash your hair. So long as you use hot herbal bath and dry your hair immediately afterwards, and not stand in front of a fan or window, it's fine.

Read more
VIP Member

Tcm already say in sg context,can bathe and should bathe / wash hair daily. Old wives myths then say cannot bathe n wash hair for 30 days, which is super unhygienic & unscientific. I bathed as much as I could manage to, which was every 2 days.

I would wash my hair at least 3x a week. Because of my long hair, it's takes a long time to dry~ if you should wash your hair during confinement, just make sure that u dry it so as to avoid "wind" entering your body or have headaches.

VIP Member

I tried to🙈 But with the heat and weather in Singapore it was impossible. I cheated a couple of times by washing my hair and making sure I blew my hair VERY dry. Didnt blow once and I ended up having a bad head8

Super Mum

I cant imagine one mth without washing hair esp in our SG weather. I took my first herbal bath + hair wash 10 days postpartum. After that, 6 days later. Then every alt days until confinement ends.

VIP Member

I done every twice a week .. but dry ur hair immediately.. it helps to avoid catching cold n headache.. my baby born on summer n couldn’t stay longer time without done my head bath ..

Washed it every single day. Even if it was 12am. As Long as you quickly dry your hair after you finish bathing and don’t catch a cold, I think it’s fine.

Ya. I literally nvr wash my hair for 28 days. After 28 days i washed. my hair is super duper oily. Have to wash 2 times a day🤦‍♀️

Wash the next day after giving birth. I dont think i can survive without washing my hair. Then subsequently every other day

TapFluencer

I had 40 days of confinement. 14 days pp 1st time. 21 days pp 2nd time and 30 days pp. 3rd time. After 30 days everyday.