Washing hair after deliver

When can I start to wash my hair after deliver?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I actually washed my hair the next day after delivery because i was sweating profusely during/after the actually delivery. I also showered everyday during confinement but washed my hair every alternate days tho

VIP Member

Actually anytime. As soon as you feel well enough to shower, go ahead and wash your hair too. Singapore is too hot and humid to follow ridiculous confinement customs that date back to ancient China.

VIP Member

When u think ur hair is oily or making u uncomfortable. Just remember to wash ur hair not too late in the evening and dry it sufficiently before bedtime:)

VIP Member

I used dry shampoo while in the hospital and then washed it at home. My hair is oily so I have to wash it everyday or if can’t must use dry shampoo

VIP Member

if you're doing confinement, just use the Chinese herb packet (da feng ai) with boiled/hot water.

Super Mum

I started washing my hair when I got back from the hospital. Remember to dry your hair quickly.

VIP Member

With my girl, I showered the next day after delivery. Cause my hair was damn gross and oily

VIP Member

The chinese saying is 1 month but I did it like 3rd day? With those hot chinese herb.

Super Mum

Whenever you like, just make sure you dry your hair immediately after that.

VIP Member

i did mine once i get to stand up on my feet on second day in the hospital