Cheating Husband who makes less money than me

Just found out my husband of 8 years has been cheating on me. I'm devastated but more concerned for the kids - they are 3 and 5, and from every study I have read, divorce is one of the worst things that can happen to a child. I can't bear to do this to them but at the same time, I'm not sure I can ever forgive my husband. I am not financially dependent on him (I actually make more money than him). He is still a great father...I really don't know what to do. Please help.

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I think we should not reach to conclusions in a jiffy. If money was the only thing that could keep one happy, no one would have tried to sort things ever. And do not be judgemental. Your husband has not done something out of this world. Man men and women cheat in their relationships but if you need to ask why did he cheat? If he is a Casanova or a womaniser then I would say leave him right away. But you have spent 8 years together and have two children, figure out what could be the reason that he cheated. And whether you would have done differently. For a mkment think that some young man falls head over heals for you and he works in your office. He is a descent looking guy, and you are in 8 years of marriage. I am not endorsing that this factor gives you ghd liberty to cheat but I am saying that monotony, boredom, lack of thrill are the factors that make your feelings vulnerable to having an extra marital affair. It is likely that your husband did not want to cheat and it is not that love ghe other woman but just got attracted towards her initially and liked the thrill that a new thing brings in life. And then he did not know how to turn back or how to handle ghe whole thing. I am not taking his side, I tried to put myself in his position and I felt Ghat I would like if some man would appreciate me and I will become gond of him if he is a descent guy and likes me in turn. It us natural. But yes, it is in our hands to get hang of the situation at eat list and stop ourselves which sometimes we cannot as we think if is just nothing. I think do not take any decision in haste. Think hard.

Read more