Jus delivered naturally this morning, however still feeling slight contraction pain even aft 3hrs later. Anyone experienced tt before?

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Postpartum contractions happen because your uterus is trying to get back to its original size, happens usually in the first two months or so after giving birth - but things like breastfeeding can trigger it to happen :) It is normal and good in a way, because it's your body adjusting and recovering itself!

Read more
VIP Member

yes it's normal. It's your uterus contracting!! Honestly i feel that post partum contractions are even more painful! You can ask the nurses for painkillers.

Read more

it is normal.. but i had the pain under control with postnatal massage. was told that eating painkillers will kill milk supply

Once u start breastfeeding, u'll feel more contraction.. Cuz it's trying to shrink back to normal size..

VIP Member

Rightfully not. I don’t remember having contraction after? Doctor do the visit already? Ask them

Did you inform your gynae when they do the checks the evening and morning after delivery?

Super Mum

Yes its normal. Your uterus is contracting back to normal size aft the delivery.

VIP Member

me! I feel contraction even when I'm nursing and it lasted till 6 months pp!

VIP Member

Yes it’s normal. I had it and persisted for another 2 days at most.

Totally normal. It was so bad that I had to be on painkillers