I've recently started my LO on solids and she has gagged on every single thing i gave her. Broccoli, carrots, apples, potatoes. I'm not sure if it's the consistency that i am getting wrong or just the choice of food that she hates. How do i make this new experience for LO more enjoyable? I've been preparing the food myself, should i experiment with food pouches as well? Help.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I give food jars, pouches alongside with homemade purees to my baby girl. She so far only gags at kale and avocadoes. The others she likes or rather accepts them. Potatoes, carrots and broccoli should be given to your baby when she is 8 months and up. At this stage it should be butternut Squash, zucchini, pumpkin. Apples, pears, bananas, avocadoes, apricots etc

Read more

It's trial and error when introducing solids to baby. Once they get used to it, there will be less gagging. Have you tried sweet potatoes or avocados? Those are quite popular with the babies I know because of their creamy and semisweet taste.

8y ago

I'm gonna try sweet potatoes and maybe avo next to see if she takes them okay.. Thank you! :)

do you blend them? or offer them in actual form? are you hand feeding her?

8y ago

I blend them and mix with a little bit of breast milk...

VIP Member

Try baby rice and see if baby accepts that over purée

Post reply image