Baby hates Avocado

Hello dear mummies, does your baby hates avocado? I understand it's the first food for your baby to have but mine hates it and spit everything out. She is almost 7 months now and I am only starting her on solids as recommended by doc. Do you add anything to make the taste of it nicer? I tried it myself and it really taste bad.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes lol. My lo hates it too. Porridge/soups. You can put ikan bilis powder ( suitable for 6m n above ) , corn ( smells good! taste sweeter ) , sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes , carrots, Pumpkin, Sweet Peas (finely chopped), Broccoli (finely chopped) , cod fish , spinach, pureed fruit like apples / pear ( make the porridge sweet also ) , minced meat ( finely chopped or use blender - soup base for babies , if they can’t chew. Well mummy can eat the meat, so won’t waste ;) ) You can Try cheese also. See whether lo likes . If lo has allergy better avoid :) Don’t recommend to eat chicken everyday for babies or toddler, will cause phlegm n coughs :) At this age small portion will do, best is try and error. They may reject certain foods if they don’t like or fussy

Read more
VIP Member

Keep trying, ultimately you won’t want your baby to become a fussy baby. They reject the food doesn’t mean you stop giving it to them. Studies have shown that it takes months for baby to accept certain food. You can try mixing it with her milk (be it formula or breast milk). You can also Google to see which fruit is compatible with avocado and try giving it to your baby see if she’s ok with it. When you give her to eat, don’t give too much, just give a few mouthful. Anyway giving your baby solid at the age of 7mos is just to kick start baby learning to eat solid, milk is still their main source of food.

Read more

Weirdly my baby loves avocado. Even me and my spouse hates egg yolk but she lovessssss egg yolk.

coz avocado dun really taste nice on its own. try mixing with banana. it's really good 👍🏻.

Keep trying. And diff foods. Try to keep the vibe relaxed

VIP Member

just add little bit of lemon and try