full month

Isit a must to have full month celebration for baby ? I dun wish to have this celebration at the end of the month but some uncle at his side said must have . It's annoying me . Wad gives him the rights to make decision even if he is the biggest uncle bla bla bla . Surname etc is just a word in the ic . It should be my decision the one who give birth to my baby . I said 100 days I'm still ok when I'm at least ready recovered and baby get his full 3 jabs . But some stupid chinese thing old fashion want it 1 month . I feel so stress every single day . I got no appetite to even eat . I'm stress everytime my in laws come n visit they keep talking so loud and chor lor infront of my baby . N when he is sleeping somemore . N when he is sleeping my husband want me to let them carry . Its disturbing my baby . Why are they so inconsiderate . It makes me scared everytime when I hear they are coming . My husband thinks I'm having depression . He thinks I think everyone is a threat to my baby . But tts not wad i think . I just feel ppl shud be more considerate when there is a baby here . I've talk things out with him but haiz . Am I being too over protective towards my baby or am I being wrong .

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it’s best you decide because you’re recovering and also, it’s not easy with a newborn. Though they mean well, now is not the best time, especially with the virus and you need plenty of rest.

Hugs. Totally understand u. Mayb u shld have a communication with ur hubby. Let him understand u too. As for us baby is the most important. But to them they might thk we r too gan jeong

5y ago

Omg god bless you . I'm staying at my parents house . My mom is helping me with my confinement . My in laws come every once a week . I have no issues of them coming but everytime my mil come she talk so loud and so chor lor those kind . Than I told her to talk softer and more wen rou more gentle than she say my baby is a boy not a girl why must talk gentle . I said I dunwan him to grow up become so chor lor talk also chor lor . I want him to talk proper english proper chinese and not those baby talk like "nen nen " milk . Cause it happen to my daughter , the therapist said talk proper to them dun use baby language . Got to give them a habit and a good example for them to follow . And she keep saying my baby need to drink water cause milk heaty than the eye keep come out the yellow eye s*** thingy . But doctor advice not to give water so young . Tt I understand now he only few weeks old definitely I'm not giving him water . So I told my mil say that doctor said cannot give water and wha

VIP Member

I didnt have full month. Only celebrated at 1yo. Think should explain to them that unless they are organising it, there is no way to force their way through. Baby is yours!

5y ago

I did told my husband . But he and his mother so scared ppl say them . And all he think of is get it over and done with . At least 1 year I'm more than happy too . Baby now so small still . I insist 100 days but he said if 100 days his uncle and other ppl wont come or whatever and wont receive red packet . I'm not working , he have been supporting financially he said its painful . Yes I understand I feel bad that I could not help financially now but I think for my baby . How do I make guys understand . When I said I'm the mother I'm the one who give birth to him , he said so only I can make decision only ? So baby belong to me only ?I'm too stress over this whole thing

VIP Member

Just let them know that during this tough period, its best to have some social distancing.. don’t be pressured by what the others say.. do what you deem right. :)

Nowadays the trend is 100 days, or you could do a cosy one just for the family, there is always a one year old party! :) Do what you feel like, it's your baby!

5y ago

1 year old best . I wanted 100 days but he got his stupid biggest uncle(which I dun give a damn ) but he n his mother give a damn of what his relatives will say . They are those super Chinese type who must follow chinese custom etc . Which who even follow all this now . I did told him I'm the mother I make final decision , I said I'm the one who give birth to him ,I get final say and ppl got to respect my decision whether isit elderly or who . And he said so he as the father cannot make decision for our baby isit . He said I was selfish want baby all to myself . How tell me how . I'm so stresssssss

Hey, It is not a must. it is completely an individual's preference. i think you should talk to your husband and do only what you both feel right

5y ago

I did but he and his mom only cared of what other ppl will say and he want the red packets . He said just get it over n done with n they wont disturb anymore . But tts not the thing . I cared for my baby ,he havent get 2nd jab and by than 1 month I just finish my confinement i still havent fully recover n clean up myself . Most important is baby , later ppl start carry or touch or someone sick than start pass bacteria and germs . I think of all this I feel I as a mother I'm so useless i cant protect my baby ,i feel i as the mother I cant make final say I got no power over my own kid . His idea was to put him in the pram and cover . So ppl see he sleeping wont disturb only open n see wont carry . But baby is unpredictable ma, what if that timing and so noisy n ppl keep open up the pram or he hungry than he awake than when ppl see he awake they start carrying . Than when one start to carry all start to carry . He nv think of this .

Do what you’re comfortable with. It’s tour baby, not his. If he wants to do 1st month, ask his wife give birth, if not himself.

do what makes u feel comfortable. many people dont do 1st mth celebration anymore, and opt for 100days.

Super Mum

Not necessary. Baby can’t appreciate it, and is either hungry/sleeping or cranky at the party

Super Mum

It depends on individual. It will be best to celebrate 100th days if baby is not ready for guests.

5y ago

I feel it's better 100 days or 1 year when they get their 3 jabs all and when their immune is stronger . Its stressful for them too when ppl keep carry carry carry when they so young . And ppl body carry germs and bacteria . But oh well .