Is it okay to mix formula into puree? Why or why not? Thanks!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is okay to add formula to puree to "thin" out the fruit or vegetable mixture. Some moms use breastmilk, some use formula. However, I read that if you intend to freeze the purees for future use, adding formula might not be a good idea because the fat in the milk might separate during freezing and this is not good or palatable for the baby. If you do add formula, then best to feed baby immediately and not freeze it.

Read more
VIP Member

I feel it's best to intro pure taste of the fruits, veggy to the baby 1st and see their reaction. You don't want baby to relay on the milk taste too much also right. That every meal also need milk right. Sometimes maybe baby don't like apple but like pear? Don't like carrot but like avocado? I have friend's kid who love to eat celery, which i don't like

Read more
VIP Member

Yes it’s fine . But have to depends on the consistency of the purée and the milk cos it may be too thick to dissolve in the milk to easily swallow . And it may be a bit danger so better to spoon feed will be more recommended

It's perfectly alright! I mixed breast milk with purée when first intro solids to my little one.

If the baby does not want to eat the purée alone, it is ok to add formula to it.

it's ok, no problem.

VIP Member

Yup no problem