Lip smacking

Hello mummies! My 5 month old have been doing this lip smacking since 2 days ago and I have no idea why. Is it because he's hungry? He's a mix feed baby and currently on fruit puree once a day.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I find that 5-6 month olds get the most distracted because they’re playing so much and discovering tonnes with their senses! Don’t worry mama, baby probably just loves the sounds he can make :)

3y ago

Good to know this. I wasn't worry just scared he's still hungry cos he will do it many times a day.

Super Mum

Hey Mama, It could very well be that he’s just discovered that he could smack his lips! That’s why he’s doing it repeatedly. If he’s hungry I think he has louder ways to tell you 😅

3y ago

Ah... so comforting to know this. I mean I am not worry or anything but scared he's not full and true enough, his way of telling me he's hungry is by wailing out loud even in the middle of the night! 😂

he's learning bout his body. After lip smacking, probably it will be blowing raspberries

3y ago

I had to google the meaning of blowing raspberries. Thank you for the heads up 👍