7 Replies

VIP Member

It really depends, because I've seen some babies who went for a shave but their hair grew back in patches. Plus, a haircut doesn't stimulate hair growth. My baby already has a full head of hair, so I don't intend to shave it off as a gamble to see if it will grow back fuller. http://pregnant.sg/articles/shaving-babys-hair-at-first-month/

I don't think that it is true. My baby had hair dropping too and didn't really have alot of hair. Many ladies have advised me on this method and I did shave her hair at 5 months but her hair growth did not speed up and now still kind of hairless. So, I don't think shaving does help in growing out nicer and fuller hair.

To be very honest, i had beautiful curly hair but still it was shaved off in the name of tradition. I think I had better hair then... lol! It totally depends on you. Sometimes shaving off helps, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sorry if I’ve confused you more!

VIP Member

there is no science to prove that shaving baby's head results is better hair but if u want to give it a try u can as hair will regrow anyways.

it's a myth. however baby hair texture followed parents Genes

thanks