My inlaws expects me to remember their birthdays, anniversary but when it's my birthday they never wish me. On my anniversary too they wish my husband and not me. I find them to be too egoist and I get irritated by their behaviour. What to do to not get stressed?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Learn to disconnect...it will take time but soon u will accept that there are some who value you, and some who don't. What matters are those who care about u. The rest don't want ur explanation. They want to see that u r stressed. So it's up to u. Eventually,when we give those who don't care less importance, they get confused and suddenly their attitude towards u changes. So learn to ignore these depressive emotions. Focus on those who care for u.

Read more

okay so let's play fair here and stop calling them on theirs. I may sound very aggressive the point is that love and respect is a two way thing. u r already stressed and unhappy about this and rightfully so. after a certain age, we really should stop people pleasing and live a happy and healthy life.. so if they tell you you haven't called them, tell them that you feel the same way when they don't remember your special days

Read more

Just let it go. Be the bigger person and don't let these things bother you. It's not worth it, I feel. Getting upset on your birthday or anniversary because some people forget (whether it is intentional or not) is not worth it especially when there are sooo many other people in your life who care and love you. If you show you are upset, then you'll be immature. So be the bigger person and smile it off :)

Read more

I can understand your irritation. The best thing is to ignore their behaviour towards you and at the same time stop wishing them without making a big deal about it. It may sound like tit for tat but sometimes this is needed.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10835)

I used to call up many friends and relatives on their anniversary and birthday but many of them never wished me back on my birthday and anniversary, even my in-laws! I stopped wishing them too!