I'm worry my Son might have accidentally lick / swallow the shampoo I have just brought for him..what should I do?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

it's ok, last time my daughter also taste the ointment oil and make me panic, but eventually I think all the babies somehow will eat/drink unusual things once in their infant years, if small amount should be fine, as long as it's not contain toxic ☠️

When shampoo is swallowed in small quantities, mild nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea can occur. Usually the only treatment needed is drinking fluids or sucking on ice chips. If things get worsen bring your son to the hospital for some checkup.

VIP Member

Hi... please monitor your child situation. If he’s vomiting or not feeling well, please bring him to see a doctor. Meanwhile, get him to drink lots of plain water

Don’t panic mummy. Just monitor first and if anything out of the ordinary please bring him to see the doctor.

If it's just a little bit, it's okay. wash or ask him to rinse his mouth. drink water. and monitor.

Lick just wash mouth and drink more fluid. But if large amount then better go do a gastric washout.

If its a little, don't worry too much. Just monitor him and if he's OK should be fine.

VIP Member

Mummy, don’t worry too much about it. Haha. Just a small lick/swallow is fine!

Just see how he reacts. Usually such products are safe.

Make your son drink lots of water to flush it off.