decrease in baby's kick

I'm at week 28 now and my baby seems to not kick as often... not sure if I'm too busy missed his kicks or baby becoming inactive... any advice? tried playing music, talking to baby and shining flashlight. no use.

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sometimes when we are busy we may miss their movement. You may want to try and keep a conscious record of baby movement. At least once every hr is the target according to my gynae unless u are sleeping then it is not possible to keep track. But like what other mommies have recommended it is always good to check with your gynae. You can always call the clinic and check with them and they would advise u. Better to be on the safe side.

Read more
VIP Member

I do feel less kicking when I’m in my week 27 and it come back at week 28.. maybe ya can lay at your left side before you sleep to see if the baby kicking.. I do this everyday to check on my baby movement.

VIP Member

Sometimes baby can have less movements and become active again on other days. Continue to monitor and if there is no movement for a few days or more then consult ur gynae.

Prolly ur baby have alrdy developed a sleeping pattern! Not to worry as long as baby move. But if u dont feel good about it, follow ur motherly instinct and get it check..

VIP Member

Find some time to sit down and actually count baby's kicks/movements e.g. before you go to bed. If you can't feel baby move, go to the hospital or call your gynae asap.

Super Mum

Sometimes they might be moving when u r sleeping or u just didn’t take note due to your busy schedule. Try to count again and see ur gynae if u r worry.

Hi, I think it is fine as long as you can feel the kicks. Better would be if you bring this up to the gynae in your upcoming visit

Super Mum

Don't worry I think it's fine as long as you can still feel his kicks. Bring it up to your gynae during the next visit as well.

Drink more water it helps the baby to move properly inside your uretus as lack of water sometime this type of issues

Hey, Please have more water which helps in the movement of baby and also consult your gynae just to be safe