Hospitalization Leave

Hi. Im turning 30 weeks this week. Do you think i can request hospitalization leave from my gynae (im a private patient at NUH) Always dragging myself going to work. Body is aching everywhere

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I believe if u took HL u can also walk at home or go out for a walk.. not necessary stay at home and sit and lie down 24/7… take HL is becoz u can rest whenever u felt breathless or tired.. if u continue to work u can’t rest in the office.. last 3 month is the most “heavy” and breathless period… i can’t even walk for more than 10mins when i go down for a walk… Dun even think of going office when u need to walk to get lunch or walk to mrt

Read more
7mo ago

how to ask for HL? i have memo from hospital to wfh, my boss still expect me to come in office once in awhile.

I’m on my 30th week too! the previous check up I went to see my gynae and asked for HL, my gynae said I need to be fair to my employers. Was taken aback with his response. I told him I was super tired and have backache, instead he told me to see a physio therapist. And he can’t help me if I don’t help myself 🙃 I’m also trying to get HL as I’m super exhausted from work, but i don’t know how else to tell my gynae.

Read more
8mo ago

Time to change gynae then. I believe a gynae should be emphatic towards their patients

Actually gov should give privilege to pregnant woman, can take HL (for all company) for 3 months before deliver.. coz the last 3 months is the most tiring and most breathless period to walk too much… since gov want singaporean to give birth they should consider that 😜😜😜

If you think you're pushing yourself and over exerting your body, please request for HL. I know it can be very very tiring. and ofcos, during your HL, go for walks, do light exercises. Please don't strain yourself, ask for the HL and rest and exercise at your own pace! you can do it!!

Unless really needed. Otherwise going to work forces u to walk (exercise in a way) which is good. If get hospitalization leave, probably gonna be lazy and rest alot and tht wouldnt help for natural delivery

i think u can. depending on ur condition. i am also a NUH private patient and have been on hospitalization leave since 24 weeks as doctor deemed that I require as much rest as possible. im under Prof Biswas btw.😁

3y ago

May I know what conditions did u tell your gynae for him to issue HL for you? I'm at my 29 weeks. Baby is 1 week bigger than the gestational age, so it's heavy for me... and I get tired easily... plus I'm unable to wfh despite able to.

my doc is Dr Citra and she usually asks if I need MC or HL for 2 days. so I think you should just ask for it esp if you need the rest. walking is good but being too tired is also not good.

i took HL since i am 24weeks.. i can’t sit so long in office, so i have 60days of HL to clear 😜 no worries if u have sufficient reason u can ask HL from ur gynae

Pls update me with your results, as im planning to request too. Been dragging myself to work everyday 🥲

Super Mum

You can request from gynae if it's necessary. Going to work actually allow you to walk more which is important during pregnancy.