Hospitalization leave

My wife is 38 weeks but private gynae wont give HL. Anyone have similar experiences?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi it’s not a compulsion for Dr to give HL esp if ur wife is fit. I was in 35wks n asked for HL coz I really felt tired and ‘different’ compared to my other pregnancies but Dr only gave me 1 wk of HL for the following wk. aft which she will review if she will extend my HL. I served 2 days of HL and started having contractions on the sun. Gave birth on Mon. So I ended up only resting for 2days(HL) đŸ€Ș

Read more

Gynae recommended to use maternity leave instead but we just want to use it after the baby is born to fully utilise it. Wifey works with kids and has sciatica btw. Told her got stress also no use. Says she only does “the right thing”

1y ago

Not all of them 😅

my gynae didn't gave me too...say must admit to hospital then can give hl...so gave me MC instead to rest... think it varied across gynaes because my hubby's friend's gynae is okay just gives HL easily without asking much..

Yup. I requested for my private Gynae to give me HL when I was week 38 and he didn’t give me too as I wasn’t admitted to hospital. He only gave me few days mc to rest

I got my HL at 38 weeks due to having body pains and discharge.. do talk to ur gynae and explain to them the reasons so they can fully understand ur wife situation.🙂

1y ago

told my gynae feeling uncomfy n stress to work, my gynae still refuse to give. only issue few days mc..đŸ„Č

I believe they dun anyhow issue HL unless theres some condition or feeling very uncomfy? Just let them know if ur wife has? Let them know ur concern ba

most gynae will only give HL due to certain issues with mummy having risk walking or have to bed ridden...

TapFluencer

initially my dr didnt want to give but i told her i needed it due to work stress, she gave HL on the spot.

1y ago

i went to kkh under private!

Whats the reason for the gynae to not give? Most of my friends got it for 2-4 weeks before EDD

1y ago

same here, my doc said the same, no HL unless admitted..đŸ˜Ș

VIP Member

I din request, neither did my gyne give. đŸ€·đŸŒâ€â™€ïž