Infant Care Or Helper?

I'm thinking between getting a helper or sending my baby to infant care once she reaches 2 months old. I'm a preschool teacher myself, and there will be days whereby I am not able to pick her up after work. Additionally, my hubby ends work later than me as he works split shift so it is hard for him to pick her up as well. As for helper, there wouldn't be anyone at home, and would be leaving the baby alone at home with the helper. Hence, I am worrying about the cons for hiring a helper.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a preschool teacher myself and i found it hard to take frequent leaves when my LO started falling sick after he was sent to ifc. I sent him at 10mo. He was nvr sick before but once he started ifc, he never stopped having flu, cough and frequent fevers. He's 2yo now and if i could change anything, that is i wouldn't send him to school so early. His cough never cured and he has to use the asthma inhaler now. I would say, leave him at home with helper if u still want to work and most importantly for your baby's health.

Read more
5y ago

That is one of my concern as well, as I know that infants are bound to fall sick easily as they are being exposed to an environment whereby there are lots of germs and bacteria, especially when their immune systems are not built up. Getting frequent leaves from my workplace would be hard as the centre is short-handed.

Helper for me Helper is with u and also helping u with other stuff And I rather helper than infant care where helpers are at least 1-1 with child rather than infant care where it’s distant It affects the development of the child

Read more

Hi, I also a preschool teacher, having same problem with you. I know there will be shift work and latest by 7pm, try request for 8-5! Or your centre got infant care? Is your P allow you to put at your own centre? Mine not allow :(

5y ago

My centre don't have infant care, and right now they are short handed and currently arranging a relief teacher to relief me during the period that I'm on maternity leave.

Infant care! Try to make arrangements with your principal and see whether you can skip the opening and closing shift for the time being.

VIP Member

I will definitely choose ifc. I feel more relief to leave my baby at professional baby carer hands than helper.

Infant care. At least she gets to learn stuff with teachers and play with other kids there..

I would send to ifc Not sure abt if we can trust the helper

VIP Member

Sending mine to infant care once he turns 6-7 months

Super Mum

Infant care would be a much better choice

VIP Member

Infant care is a better choice(: