Helper or Infant Care - post confinement plans?

Hi working mommies! (Especially those able to work from home) Would like to know what you have opted for and why - as my hubs and I are on the fence about engaging either option after we are done with the 28 days confinement with nanny. Option 1: engage full time helper to help with caring for baby and house chores Option 2: send to infant care and engage part time helper to come by twice a week (Wed, Sat)

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi J There’s no best answer I think. I sent my eldest (currently pregnant with Second one) to childcare but there’s pros and cons of both. Option 1: If u are lucky enough to get a good helper then it will be best. As you are currently wfh u can also be less worried of how ur helper is treating your child. But helper is not trained to handle infant/ kids. May just sit whole day accompanying ur child watching YouTube. But pros is less chance of ur child catching virus from others in childcare. Option 2: I personally feel kids that goes to childcare achieve milestones faster than kid who does not. Unless u have the time to do activities with him/her at home. Cons; be prepared to juggle work and child caring as your kid will be sick very often!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for answering, Jaclyn! Very insightful. What you mentioned is exactly what I was also thinking - there’s really no best option. My husband and I will just need to consider all the pros and cons

I was more pro IFC previously, but after asking around, I think helper makes more sense financial wise. Sending to IFC and hiring a part time helper would cost more than hiring a full time helper. I’ll also be wfh to keep an eye on things.

I’m gg for a helper first because IFC will need to wait for some time. And I have a dog so helper can assist !

i personally don’t prefer a helper. will go for ifc option.