my husband hasn't spoken to the baby

My husband has yet to speak to the baby and I wonder why. I have talked to him but he just won't do it and says there's still time for it. When I ask him touch my belly he would always say he doesn't feel anything. Does anyone experience the same thing? Any idea of what can be done? Please advise thank you.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think pregnancy for us and for our husbands can feel very different. For us we can feel all the physical changes inside us, can feel baby kicking so for us it's very real and present. Husbands don't feel any of that so it's difficult to feel a connection to it compared to us. That's what my husband told me also 😁 I think it's a natural feeling, we can be more understanding of them. My husband also didn't talk to baby inside the tummy but now he's a super doting father to our daughter. So what matters is when the baby comes out!

Read more
VIP Member

My husb didnt talk to my 3 kids too when i was preg.. cos i also find it weird hahahha.. bt doesn’t matter, he has proven to be the best partner in bringing up the kids and thats more important to me

Even i didnt talk to my baby when I was pregnant. Same goes to my husband. That doesn't mean we are bad parents. It's just the way we are. 😊

VIP Member

There are some people who don't like to talk or touch the baby bum like my sister. She said it's weird. Haha.. Everyone has their own thinking

My husband was like that too. But now baby is out and my husband and baby is super clingy and buddy with each other

It could be that he his overwhelm with feelings. Give him time yeah☺️

my hub also seldom talk to baby, now in my 3rd trimester~

I guess ur husband don’t know wat to talk to him..

Maybe he’s worried?

TapFluencer

Some are like that