Conflicted, any suggestions will help

I'm expecting a child and staying with my parents. I really cannot tolerate my mom's emotional abuse as she will bring up the past and thinks she is always right. She expects a yes answer for the questions she asks. As such, I end up quarelling with her which I feel is no good for the child. Yet I can't move into my parents in law place because their house is messy and not conducive for my pregnancy and post pregnancy recovery. Neither can we move into a government pphs scheme as my husband need to take care of his unwell parents. We have tried for HDB SBF and BTO for a few times but without success. While we are planning for a resale, renovations cannot be done during pregnancy as far as I understand (pan tang). Please give some suggestions thank you

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think emotional abuse is more scary than any pan tang with regards to renovations. I had reno done when I was pregnant, moved in when I was 4 months pregnant and cleaned set up my home (I was working too) till I delivered. Been 4 and a half years of joy, with 2 kids and a loving husband. Just my suggestion.. if you can get the resale flat, just renovate and move out.

Read more