kkh

I'm delivering at kkh, most probably ward C (subs). Will kkh give anything after discharge? heard from my mum kkh will give diaper so I don't have to buy first? anyone knows about this - isit true they gave Diapers to bring home and if yes, roughly how long before I need to buy?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

They usually give you the unfinished pack that was issued once baby’s admitted to the ward. That won’t last you very long, so it’s good to buy a few more packs:) If you have samples from baby fairs and baby clubs, use them first once you get home. Different brands have diapers of different cuttings and sizes, even if all of them are meant for newborns. See which one fits your baby best (causing the least leakage, no rash, etc). As for how many packs of newborn diapers to wear, it depends on your baby’s size and growth rate. My LO’s an anomaly in that she’s still using newborn size at 5.5 months because she’s a bit petite. But some babies go from newborn size to S size in a couple of weeks.

Read more

I think you can start preparing at least 1 more full sized packets before baby even comes home? Esp if you’re ordering online (cheaper) cos they’ll take a few days to arrive. Better not wait till after delivery n diapers running out before making purchase! Cos you’ll be so tired post delivery and you shouldn’t need to stress about diapers running out!

Read more

KKH only provide small pack of Huggies diapers but from my understanding, it's actually billed back in final hospital bill as miscellaneous items. That pack lasted me for about 4-5 days only.. As for the free goodie bag that is given, it's basically samples from various brands KKH partners with. The bag has no diapers though.

Read more

I suggest don't buy first. For my case, my bb is small.size so we actually had to buy another pack from Kkh. And it's the Just Born size (harder to buy from supermarket) . It's even smaller than Newborn size. If bb is average or big size, u can easily buy from supermarket.

VIP Member

Hi, I just delivered last week (sub b2), yes kkh they do provide small pkt of diapers, and other small bottles of daily wash for the baby..so dont need to bring too much stuff.. The pkt of diapers will only last you for a week..hope you have a smooth delivery (:

Just gave birth at KKH a month ago. They will provide you diapers during your stay and if you cannot finish upon discharge, you can bring them home - probably just 4-5 pieces only. Best to buy a packet already for you baby to use when you are home.

5y ago

Baby wet wipes if you didn’t finish them. I stayed in A ward so I had 2 packet x maternity pad, 1 packet x disposable underwear, 1 small bag of toiletries. If you request for more all will be additional charges. You need to prepare all stuffs at home cause what they provided will not last you many days once you discharge. All the best!!

Do buy at least 1 or 2 pack of Newborn first to standby. They will let utake home the justborn size that your baby used in hospital. Quite a small pack probably last only afew days. Mine definitely use more than 2 packs of newborn. Fyi.

VIP Member

It’s just a small pack for your baby to use during their stay in KKH and they pass the remaining to you when you discharge with your baby. They do give a bag of freebie. But I’m not sure what they will put in it now. :)

VIP Member

The pampers won't last long. At most 2 days. U can request for more and they will charge to your bill but better to just buy a pack outside first. After u deliver, u won't have time to buy all these.

VIP Member

The used pack kkh give only last another day. Do buy during offer first as last minute buy from supermarket tend to be more costly.