Kkh ward services

Get to know from sil give birth few days ago at kkh , they don't bathe the newborn,no more give milk to newborn mum need to bottle feed herself. Anyone going through the same?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth @ kkh from 2004 - 2008. They bottle feed my baby with milk powder but also encouraged me to bf my baby. And no they don't bath my baby. I will bath my baby the next day when we go home. My sister gave birth to her son @ kkh (a private patient), 4 yrs ago. They feed her son using a cup and also no they don't bath her son. I also gave birth @ NUH. They are pro breastfeeding so they encouraged baby to direct latch. They will wake me up in the wee morning and ask me to feed my baby and also no, they don't bath my baby. You can always tell the nurse to bring back your baby to the nursery if you need some rest. These 2 hospitals, what they did when you've given birth is they will clean your baby once your baby is out although not thoroughly clean (you can still spot some white mucus on your baby) but they don't bath your baby.

Read more

I gave birth end june 2020. I stayed in ward a and they put baby with u in the ward and encourage baby to latch time to time. They only give milk through cup feeding when u request. And yes. Nurse informed us that they dont bath the baby too.

they won't bath baby. they will let you feed yourself if you are in good condition of health. I gave birth on march. due to my body condition, they help me feed my baby every meal till I discharge hospital. I'm so thankful to KKH team

now, they are pro breast feeding . so when baby is with you most of the time, you can learn their feeding cues and baby can bond with you. for the bathing part, I'm not sure.

Hi, yes they don’t bathe the baby, just sponge them! However they do help me feed my baby with formula upon request as I didn’t breastfeed my baby. Hope this helps!

I just give birth in july at kkh. they will push the newborn to the mum and mum has to attend to child needs They only give the milk bottle.

Can Our family members can shower the baby after everything settle down if they don’t? We don’t need to wait discharge right?

4y ago

it is not recommended to bath baby before cord drops

Yes! I dunno why tho. but... after giving birth mother’s need to rest. at least give some time to rest. but no...

VIP Member

I gave birth on 2019. its alr like that though

VIP Member

I gave birth in 2019 and it was alr like that