Bleeding during first trimester

Hi all, I’m currently in my first trimester (around week 6)..experienced bleeding with clots and went to KKH urgent O&G yesterday..doc said mine is a threatened miscarriage and prescribed progesterone over 2 weeks..they did scanning and could see baby and heartbeat..did not have any bleeding for the next 24 hours until now (the next day) where I felt a gush of blood again (fresh blood with clots)..just wondering if this is normal even after taking progesterone? How long does it usually take for the bleeding to stop? Am very worried and paranoid :(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m an ivf pregnant lady who was given progesterone (to eat 2 pills per day) from the start of my pregnancy. When i had bleeding from my first pregnancy, i was told to eat 3 pills per day. But it still ended up in miscarriage. Doctors told me that there is nothing they could do to save if it ended up as a miscarriage in the end, some of the reasons could be due to chromosome abnormalities. When one door closes, another door will open. Take it from someone who underwent miscarriage once and currently pregnant again and now at 13 weeks and praying hard that i’ll have a baby in my arms eventually. I hope your bleeding stop and your baby make it through! Sending you virtual hugs! ❤️

Read more
1y ago

Hi hope it's not to late to ask and congrats on your pregnancy... Can I check during the bleeding did you still do home pregnancy test to be sure your still pregnant?

Hi, hang in there. I was bleeding from weeks 8 to 16 during my 2nd pregnancy. Was given progesterone injection and pills. The doctor couldn't find the source or an explanation for the bleeding, but the bleeding just stopped suddenly at 16 weeks. Now my girl is 3 years old. I was able to calm down after I came to terms with this.. if there are chromosomal defects, the body will naturally need to remove it. Just rest as much as you can and let the body decide.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi it is good to bleed during a miscarriage, because that's how the unwanted blood in the uterus comes out. In fact the doctor will do a transvaginal scan to see whether the uterus is completely clear so that you can continue to try again after a month or two from getting your normal menstrual cycle after seeking advise from doctor. Pls don't strain at this time, your body will be extremely weak. Take care, eat healthy food, drink plenty of fluids.

Read more
1y ago

Thanks ladies! Yes all is fine now and praying very hard it’ll stay this way..first pregnancy a bit more nervous..bleeding stopped after the 3rd day..appreciate the advice!

Hi, I was exactly like you but I was bleeding at 10 weeks. The bleeding was sudden and very heavy and I went to kkh a&e. I was on progesterone for 2 weeks, it gave me very bad headaches but I was told it’s normal. I bled for a little more, and had spotting for the next 2.5 weeks but it eventually stopped. Currently at 21 weeks now and everything’s looking good so far! Hang in there ok ❤️

Read more

if its too troublesome to go to KKH, you can go to normal GP, some of them have the ultrasound to do a quick check. Marsiling Lian Clinic has this. hope your baby is well. else, it might be due chromosomal abnormalities like the other mummy mentioned. sending lots of hugs to you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ may all be well, may you be at ease

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for sharing this useful info! I never knew that we could go to normal GP..all is well now, just hoping baby will grow healthily and well in my tummy..appreciate the encouragement! ❤️

Dear parent your question was forwarded to our expert here. https://community.theasianparent.com/q/everyone-excited-see-i-dr-smily-lock-head-healthcare-solutions-c/4511540 She will come online on Thursday, 16th February 2023 between 8.00 to 9.00 pm provide you to answer.

Read more

Hi, I was also bleeding heavily when I was 6 weeks and went to KKH urgent O&G. Doc said that it’s normal to bleed. I got an injection and stopped bleeding the next day. I’m now coming to 8 weeks and occasionally still have spotting. So I have to inject meds every 4 days.

1y ago

I’m taking oral estrogen (Progynova) and vaginal progesterone (Endometrin) 3 times a day each. Plus injection every 4 days. Haha my gynae really load me up on a lot of meds to preserve my twins