Emotional

I’m currently 27weeks pregnant and throughout my whole months of being pregnant, I’ve been feeling really emotional. My hubby isn’t really helping and at times, he is the cause of my emotions to be jumbled. I became so needy for attention and always needed him to be around but he pushed me away asking me to stop as it’s annoying. I wanted just atleast a 5 minutes back rubs as my back is really painful and all he did was to stroke my back 2-3 times and stopped. When i voice out , he isn’t feeling happy and thought that I wasn’t being appreciative.. I know as a wife i have to serve him well as he’s a sole breadwinner.. I didn’t nagged at him when he came home or even scold him for something he didn’t do right as i wish he would.. but to stay silent to not cause any fights.. when i voice out nicely stating that i am just expressing my feelings, 101 things became an issue by him saying i am not appreciating all the things he did and he isn’t the best. (When all i said was, if he could massage my leg a little bit longer cause it’s painful.) :( i am feeling really depressed that i have to excuse myself to the toilet to cry or sometimes took my blanket to cover my eyes just so the tears would be absorbed as he didn’t like me crying...

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Having been pregnant twice previously, I can tell you that for both times, I was very very emotionally needy towards my husband, much more so than usual. And my husband is also someone that isn’t very emotional, so it was difficult for him to cope with a suddenly needy wife (I’m usually quite independent). There were times I also felt the same way that you’re feeling, and thinking that my husband wasn’t doing enough or being understanding enough. But I came to realise that I should look at what he IS doing, instead of what he isn’t doing, and I realised that he was always doing his best for the family. If he massaged me for 3 minutes, I would just say thank you, and try to do some stretches on my own to relieve the pain. But for things like me not feeling beautiful while being pregnant, I would share those feelings with my husband. He never reacted immediately, but later on would tell me he loved me and tell me that I was beautiful, every now and then. I guess we cannot expect our husbands to serve us, and I don’t see it as me serving my husband too. Both of us like to express and receive love in different ways, so we need to learn to fill each other’s needs and help the other person feel loved. But even if either party falls short, I think every effort counts:) Pregnancy is very tiring physically and emotionally. Thank you for sharing your feelings with this community.. I can’t really go and give you a massage now, but I hope you know that you’re a precious woman, wife and mummy, and I hope that when your baby comes, your joy will be doubled or tripled, and your aching body will recover well too ❤️

Read more