Im currently 17 weeks pregnant and im having back pain.. When i stand or walk it hurts alot is it normal?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Guess baby is growing, getting heavier. The pressure is there. Try sit up straight, don’t stand too Long. Rest more often. Sleep side ways. Currently ask your hub help you do soft massage . Go for prenatal massage when you are 5-6months n above :) only recommend after 5 or 6months. Cut down on cold drinks. Will get cramps too. If you worry n doesn’t feel right , go see gynae asap.

Read more

Back pain is a normal part of pregnancy for most women. In the first trimester, back pain is commonly linked to an increase in hormones and stress. You may be at a greater risk of back pain during your pregnancy if it's something you've experienced before becoming pregnant, or if you're overweight.

VIP Member

Completely normal. It will hurts MORE every other days. Wait for it 😂 The same thing happened to me. After birth, it will be gone if you don't take epidural. Epidural has back pain effect too last for 2 months

Depend on individual bodies I suppose. But backaches throughout preg is normal. Gets worse as your baby gets bigger. Hehe. Try to lie on your side more and change directions while sleeping, but not on your back

Super Mum

Yes baby’s growing and this can cause back pains. Try not to stand for too long. There are also some back/tummy supports you can wear during pregnancy

Hi, You must be experiencing this since the baby is growing so it creates pressure. try not to stand a lot and also try not bending over a lot as well.

Super Mum

Try a maternity belt and prenatal massage. Also highlight to gynae in case you need to see the physiotherapist

Super Mum

Try to sleep on your left side and not lie flat as it will put pressure on your back. Are you bending down a lot l?

5y ago

No i didnt bend alot

VIP Member

Yes normal as u are carrying more weight as the pregnancy progresses.

Me too 17 weeks nd suffering with back pain