Baby size small

I'm abt 30 weeks now. My gynae told me that my baby is abit smaller than normal, abt 1 week early. What can i eat to fatten up my baby? Any advice from mums out there?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Doctors can’t really predict the size of the baby with 100 % accuracy even with technology. I was told that I had a super huge baby but when she came out she was of average size. So worry less, and continue eating healthy nutritious meals.😊

Did you do PE scan? Previously I did this scan and found that my blood seems to be too thick thus the doctor prescribed low dosage aspirin to thin out the blood so that the nutrient can be absorbed easily by baby. Do check with your gynae.

VIP Member

I guess ur gyne suggested some foods what to eat n what not to eat .. drink more milk n eat fruits n sea food like prawns .. what ever u eat baby takes so pls concern abt it .. take dry fruits as much as possible for healthy gain ..

Durian! My Gynae told me not to eat durian during my pregnancy, otherwise baby will be very big... coz my girl’s estimated weight before she was out was 3.5kg... so Gynae keep reminding me not to eat durian.. 😁

VIP Member

Drink maternal milk, eat durian, eat more meat.. a friend of mine literally went for bbq meat (korean, Japanese) every week and baby put on weight!

Super Mum

My gynae also told me to eat more. I drank avocado milkshake and I think it works. Baby was 3. 4kg when I delivered.

Dear Mum, Have a lot of fruits , juices and milk in your diet. Should help the baby come out all healthy :)

Most importantly is healthy baby, not big baby. Go with high nutritious food, not by "eating for two"

VIP Member

Hi... you should try to consume more protein and fruits. Drink maternal milk every night. Take care

VIP Member

Avocado, durian and maternal milk!