Weight gain in 3rd tri

Hi, I've been gaining 1kg a week for the past 3 weeks. Im in week 30 now. Is this weight gain normal? or should I slow down? I've consciously been eating more as my gynae told me my bb body's size is smaller than average!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most of my weight gain was in the last 10 weeks! I didn't gain any up till after 15 weeks and even then it was 0.5kg to 1kg every month. After 30-32 weeks it was more like 1-2kg per week. I think it's okay! My baby came out at 2.83kg. Smallish but still acceptable weight. Also I am not sure if the weight goes to bb because at the end sometimes it's just fluid retention. My bb didn't gain that much weight in the last few weeks.

Read more

Completely normal but then gynae will keep asking you to try to gain more weight for bb. I've always been a small size and I only gained 1 kg throughout my whole pregnancy for all my 4 kids. 3 of them came out at 2.4kg & surprisingly the last one came out at 3.08kg. Probably because that's the only pregnancy that I drank materna milk

Read more
4y ago

thanks!

Total weight gain during the entire pregnancy is usually advised based on your pre-pregnancy BMI. The baby usually starts growing a lot the last 10weeks before delivery. As long as your gynae didn't comment on your weight gain, you should be doing fine!

TapFluencer

I lost 5kg at 1st Tri was 45 drop to 40kg. end of 36 weeks pregnancy I gain 22kg 😂 I guess it depend on individual, I can't control my diet I can't be bothered I just eat.

Read more

hi, i think is depends on indivdual. for me my weight up n down around there 7-9kg. but my baby weight gain n my gynae said is normal.

4y ago

yes. maybe u try drink milo. Try not to stress urself.