perfect dad

I'm a father ..I have the cutest daughter who turned a year old.. While Im happy with the perfect family, I am unable to fit in as a perfect dad... I feel my individuality is lost, Its all about my wife and child now.. I feel restrained in many ways and immature as I can't handle most things; People look at me as a responsible father and husband and the word responsible creeps me out... Is this feeling normal? How do I battle this?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For one, if others view you as a responsible father and husband, I’m pretty sure you are doing a fine job! Set realistic standards for yourself. Recognize that you do not need to be the “perfect” dad/husband, just one whom your wife and daughter need. It is perfectly normal for you not to know how to handle things. Babies/children are often unpredictable (and every child is different), and it is impossible for anyone to know how to handle everything. Enjoy this process of learning together with your wife and also share with other fathers around to learn from each other. Also, do not neglect having some me-time. Take turns looking after your daughter with your wife so that you each can have some time for yourself (e.g., go exercise, meet up with friends etc). If you could get someone to help look after your baby for a few hours, go on a date with your wife. Take a break from being “father” and have some time as a “husband”, “son” and “friend”. Hang in there!!

Read more

My purpose out here today is to share this article about how Dr Adoda helped me in getting back my EX-WIFE who left me with the kids also 6months ago. I tried all I could to make her see reasons with me so that we can continue our relationship but she denied me. I searched properly for help on how to make relationship work and be better after a breakup and I saw different reviews of Dr Adoda how good and powerful in reuniting broken lover back and save Relationship/Marriage and I insisted on giving it a try by contacting him via what's app on (+2348112825421). He gave me reason to live again and he prepared a ( Reconciliation Love Spell ) and told me that my Ex-WIFE will come back to me within 48 hours. Can you believe it, my EX-WIFE came back to me and our 3Years Anniversary will be held Soon. Contact him now!!! if you need any help. Email: [email protected] Eternally grateful Adoda I highly recommend View more on YouTube: youtu.be/B279mkEo_C4

Read more

When a baby enters this world, much emphasis and attention is given to the new mother and baby, to help them heal, adjust and grow. It is easy to overlook another member of the family that is undergoing change as well -- the daddy. Most first-time dads experience stress because of sleep deprivation, change in routines and their own apprehensions about parenting. So yeah, it's normal to have your doubts. But you shouldn't let it engulf you. Perhaps you should look for an outlet where you can share your stress. Communicate with your wife, share your feelings with her. Or, you can seek support and advice from a father support group or a friend who is or has gone through this stage in life. You'd be surprised to find out that a lot of first time daddies feel the same way as you do. My best friend's husband is lucky to have a group of friends who became dads around the same time he did and they meet up every now and then for mommy-free play dates haha.

Read more

hey daddy...first up, stop beating yourself up so much. if others are looking at you as a responsible father and husband, it definitely means you are doing a great job in both the roles :) stop feeling so bad and pressuring yourself. instead, if you want to get more hands on, tell your wife about it. she will love and respect you the more for it. you could take over some diaper duties, or bottle feeding time, or story reading time maybe? these are also great ways to bond with your baby. in the meanwhile, take your me time and relax a bit too :) and don't battle it, but live this new phase of being a dad, while maintaining your own self as well.

Read more

Hacking made easy and look no further because your security and happiness is our priority. Our services include: *School Grades Hack *Improve your credit scores *Hack into any database server *spy on partner or employees sincerity *Facebook *Instagram *WhatsApp *Twitter hacks. Try us and you will be glad you did. Interested parties should Email: [email protected] WWW.HACKERSPYVILLE.COM

Read more
Post reply image

I agree with @darius. Accepting is the best way to move forward. Your wife and daughter have placed all the faith in you as a responsible father so stop doubting yourself. You mean their world. As you lost your individuality, your wife is in the same boat as you, so talk to her :) Take it as another phase of life that has its own set of challenges and positives. You can do it!!

Read more
VIP Member

First - suck it up. (Sorry) Second - communicate so your wife understands (we men are extraordinarily bad at it) Third - let's grab a beer :)

TapFluencer

my life revolves around my kidz but it is a personal choice & there is no such thing as a perfect dad/mom/child... but we can all try our best 💗

yes, it is very normal but also take some time off for yourself!

thanks