Down Syndrome Test

I'm 37 and 16 weeks pregnant now. Did not do any down syndrome test to check if baby is fine due to finances. Recently I've been having sleepless nights because of the fear that baby might have down syndrome or some health issues. Was it a huge mistake for not doing the test?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

16 weeks is still in time do nipt but dont delay further as the result takes time. Age higher than 35 are statistically at higher risk of getting down syndrome baby, pay money to buy peace sounds feasible. but on the flip side, if you never wanted any abortion should anything goes wrong, then don't have to do the test since it makes no diff. that was how me & my hub come to conclusion on whether we should do the test or not.

Read more

I’m 36, and I’ll do it. May cost a bit of money but if my baby isn’t healthy when it’s born. More $ and energy will be involved. That said, knowing beforehand would get us prepared to make a right decision. If you’ve already made up ur mind if not taking the test. Just stay positive, be happy and stay healthy. Overthinking too much will not be good for the baby.

Read more

I'm 37 too & did not do the down syndrome test cos both spouse and I don't want to stress ourselves. DS or not, we'll still be keeping our baby. Just gave birth 13 days ago and baby is fine and healthy although was born a bit premature due to PPROM. Don't stress yourself cos it's not good for the pregnancy. Tell yourself and talk to baby that everything will be fine.

Read more
VIP Member

It really depends on individuals. just wondering are you a SG citizen? if you are, suggest you to write in to your MP and seek to use medisave for your test due to finances situation and health of the baby. unless you have decided whatever the outcome is, you will accept it. On a last note, please be happy at all times since you are near delivery! All the best!

Read more

Don’t worry about it anymore. It is too late to think about it now. The baby will be ok, healthy and wholesome. Try to stay positive, a happy mama, a healthy baby. And get ready to welcome your beautiful and healthy baby. Take good care, and don’t worry, God bless you and baby.

Read more

Hi, I'm 38 yo and currently 34 weeks, I didn't go for any DS test. As long as you take care of yourself and your pregnancy well, everything will be ok. Keep praying and be positive..🙏

No worries everything will be alright. Am 18 weeks and 6 days pregnant and we chose not to take the test.

I didnt do. but during the ultrasound, your gynae sometimes can point out if baby has down syndrome

VIP Member

everything will be okay and have only good thoughts and good will definitely happen.

Super Mum

If I rem correctly, you can still do NIPT now if you want to