not showing pregnancy

I'm 17 weeks and not showing. People are starting to doubt I really am pregnant. This is my first. Is it okay to not be showing at 17 weeks?

322 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm 16 weeks and 2 days today I think it depends as it is every pregnancy is different.....this is my first pregnancy and I found out the gender of my baby at 15 weeks and now I can feel him moving more than before... I was told it would take long because I'm tall and slim but oh well God had other plans I guess And yes I'm showing Don't worry your time will come I guess its normal as long as your baby is healthy and so are you everything will fall into place Xoxoxo

Read more

It's fine. Since this is your first pregnancy, your skin is tight and wouldn't stretch so easily so early. When I was pregnant the first time round, no one knew I was pregnant until the 39th week. Everyone assumed I was just gradually putting on weight. My daughter popped out a hethy 3.4kg baby naturally. Ignore what others are saying. As long as the little one is baking healthly inside you, there shouldn't be anything for you to worry.

Read more

Oh it's totally okay...in fact, many mummies would want to exchange places with you! ;) Every pregnancy and every woman's body is different. When your bump starts showing depends on your weight, height, number of pregnancies you have had, age, abdominal strength, position of your uterus and whether you are carrying multiples. As long as the ultrasound and tests show that baby is doing fine, and the pregnancy is progressing well, you don't have to worry.

Read more

I didn't know that my friend was pregnant till she told me and she started showing in her 5th month. This was because she is originally thin and petite. She also had pretty bad morning sickness in her first trimester and all that vomiting probably contributed to her losing weight. She eventually had a smooth pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy baby boy! As long as you've been healthy and doctor says you're okay, it's nothing to be worried about :)

Read more

For my first when i was 37 weeks if i had my coat on u couldnt tell I was pregnant at all at 20 weeks i had barely anything acually pretty sure i was barely showing at even 23 weeks its okay just tell them yes u are but its ur first and u carry babies well bc thats all it is and ull start showing around half way if not a lil after or before i was very confused too bc i was looking forward to the bump then i only had it for a few weeks lol!

Read more

I'm almost 6mths pregnant and my tummy is really not "big" too. I know how it feels when ppl ask.my mother in law said more than once tht she can't tel I'm pregnant..look very small.at first i din like hearing such comments or esp in mrt too when nobody give up their seat for u cos not obvious enuff u r pregnant. its ok dear... most impt is tht the baby growing and developing well according to ur doc.stay happy!

Read more
8y ago

Yah true when no one give up seats to pregnant mums when the tummies look small.

Also 17weeks here, 1st pregnancy too and not showing. I was worried too but speaking to other mommies (including my own) helps to alleviate worry.. it is not uncommon. It helps not to try and compare your pregnancy to others :) as long as your scans show the baby's growth to be normal and your diet and health are normal, i dont think you have anything to worry about :))

Read more

It’s okay! I’m 24 weeks in but I look like I’m just fat. My boss didn’t believed I was pregnant till I showed my gynae appt card. It’s much much easier for me to maneuver around! I am still jumping around despite 6 months 😬 And when I did the detailed scan, my baby was actually at the 90th percentile for her length and weight 😂 looks are deceiving!

Read more
5y ago

I'm also 24 and I'm not showing

don't worry about it. it's because with your first child your abdominal muscles are still strong and holding everything in tighter. it gets earlier with each future baby. this is my third and I look like I'm in third trimester and I'm only in my second trimester. don't want to look so big so fast, it's harder to carry all that around too. just enjoy it.

Read more

Yup normal. Everyone’s body is different. I only started showing at around week 23. And even then, before that, I was actively wearing dresses that would make it less obvious cos I hadn’t told everyone at work yet. It was only till week 23 that it got obvious and I couldn’t conceal with my clothes anymore lol!

Read more