Stitches pain

Hello, I’m 10 days pp, and I’ve stopped taking painkillers 2 days back. However my stitches are quite painful. Is this normal?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i'm 12 days pp, and I've stopped the painkillers a few days back, am also feeling painful. My doc prescribed 7 days painkillers, she did tell me I maybe feeling painful after 7 days, but it should be bearable.

10days... Hmmm... I think for me also. Can't really remember. I also stop taking pain killer half way then only the pain stop after two weeks to three weeks.

Super Mum

Yes, the wound is still healing. If there’s no sign of infection (worsening redness/swelling/pus), you can continue taking your painkillers as needed.

Hey, I believe the wounds should be healing. Please observe for some days but if the pain is still a lot then please consult the doc

VIP Member

The wound is healing. The pain should be getting lesser and lesser. If really very pain, pls consult your gynae

Super Mum

Normal. Mine too. Got the phobia to s*** too. 😅 However, the pain should be getting lesser day by day.

VIP Member

give it a bit more time to heal. if there's pus or the stitches area bleed, then might be infection

VIP Member

Yes, I experienced intermittent pain till 14 days pp...

I applied topical antiseptic solution to the wound using cotton pads after using the toilet every time, and my stitches recovered much faster (and very much less painful). You can buy antiseptic solution from any pharmacy (I used Eusol-Max).

Stitches can be painful especially the part where the knot is. You would feel pain when you sit n get up or lie down n get up. My stitch pain stopped once the knots were cut off. I think by then time I was about 14 days pp.